Kolad, a thriving tiny village in the Mahad region in the state of Maharashtra, is blessed with natural foliage and luxuriant greenery. Situated at the backdrop of the majestic Sahyadris, Kolad's magnificent valleys and marshlands give it a picturesque appearance.
Kolad is famed for plenty of waterfalls, its rugged topography and Rocky Mountains. The trekking trails in Kolad offer medium challenges to adventurous trekkers and the trekking during the Monsoon has a special charm, making it a unique feature of Kolad. Besides the various adventure options, tourists can enjoy the local sceneries that are sure to take the breath away.
The greatest attraction of this charming village is the 'Kundalika River', which is one among the fastest flowing river in South India. Water released from the nearby dams makes the river ever flowing. Kundalika riverbeds in Kolad are ideal locations for adventurous activities.
It is a spectacular location to experience the pleasure of white water river rafting. Kundalika River's 14-kilometre stretch of exciting rapids will provide one and a half hours white water rafting. Rafting through the river calls for extreme courage and bravery. Water rafting in the river reaches its zenith during monsoon season since the water levels are high.
Apart from river rafting this river offers other excellent ventures like kayaking, paragliding, and river crossing. Boating through the river is a real experience for any of the visitor and lush magnificent greenery around the riverbanks can be enjoyed by it. This scenic locale with the fascinating and amazing spectacle of nature is a recommended picnic spot for those who prefer to enjoy the lovely warmth of nature.
Location: Our start point for Trip is located at the Muthavali Village below the Kolad
There are 2 ways to come from Mumbai
1) Take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway,
2) exit to Imagica and continue on Khopoli-Pali road to wakan phata
3) take left to wakan phata and follow the road to Mumbai-Goa Highway continue 8 km then namrata
garden & Turn right for Muthavali Village our starting point.
1) Take Sion-Panvel Highway,
2) Take Right to NH-17 Goa Highway
3) Continue 90km Run then Namrata Garden & Turn right for Muthavali Village our starting point.
1) Take the Pune-Mumbai Expressway,
2) exit to Khalapur toll Plaza and continue on Khopoli-Pali road to wakan phata
3) take left to wakan phata and follow the road to Mumbai-Goa Highway continue 8 km then namrata garden & Turn right for Muthavali Village our starting point.